PLEASE BE AWARE THAT CREDITS THAT WERE ISSUED FROM THE WINTER 2020 SESSION NEED TO BE USED BY JANUARY 2022, OR THE CREDIT WILL BE FORFEITED!! THIS CREDIT CAN BE USED TOWARDS CLASSES OR BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTALS!
Dear TGFC Family,
On June 9, 2020, the Government of Alberta announced that it would be accelerating its relaunch strategy in response to continued declines in active COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations. As a result, Phase 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy was moved up from June 19th to June 12th and certain activities originally planned for Phase 3 were moved up to Phase 2. Included were team sports, indoor recreational fitness, and sport facilities, including gymnastics! Throughout the closures our club has been diligently preparing for when a reopening is possible. We are excited to announce that the time has finally come and on September 21, 2020 we will reopen our facilities and programming using a safety-first approach. We have developed and implemented a Return to Play strategy that complies with Government of Alberta, Alberta Health Services and Alberta Gymnastics Federation (AGF) guidelines.
Taber Gymnastics Fitness Club COVID-19 Return to Play strategy has been developed to ensure:
• The health and safety of all individuals is prioritized
• Activities align with provincial health recommendations
• Activities have been modified to reduce the risk of infection and spread
• Alignment with AGF guidelines and that members are united and aligned on a plan to reopen throughout the province.
While we hope things will return to normal soon, this COVID-19 Return to Play strategy will be the ‘new normal’ until we are advised otherwise by the government, Alberta Health Services or AGF.
If you choose to enter our facility and/or participate in any of our activities, you must follow these rules:
There will be no spectators allowed inside of the facility, this includes at drop off and pick up, we will be meeting you and your child at the door, please respect physical distancing rules while lining up before the scheduled classes
Please arrive no more than 5-10 minutes early for your child’s scheduled class.
Complete a Session Screening Checklist prior to your child entering our facility. This will be available to be competed online shortly. We have gone PAPERLESS and an email will be send out with that information.
Complete a COVID-19 Guidelines, Acknowledgement of Risk, and Release Waiver. This will be available to be completed online shortly. We have gone PAPERLESS and an email will be sent out with that information.
Self-isolate for a minimum of 14 days if you have (or if someone from your household has) traveled outside of Canada.
Stay home if:
you are not feeling well or displaying symptoms of COVID-19
you live in a household with someone who has COVID-19 or is showing symptoms of COVID-19 o you or your children had close unprotected contact with someone who is ill with cough and/or fever
you or anyone in household has been in close unprotected contact within the last 14 days with someone who is being investigated
• Wash your hands before participating and frequently during participation.
• Bring your own water bottle and hand sanitizer.
• Bring your belongings in a bag and come dressed for your activity as locker facilities will be limited.
• Do not share personal training equipment (e.g. grips, slippers, wrist bands, wrist supports, ankle braces, tape, water bottles etc.)
• Always comply with physical distancing measures (2 meters apart); no shaking hands, high fives, etc.
• Leave the facility as soon as activity the activity is finished. Pick up will be run by a coach at the end of every class with bringing your children, one by one, to the door, please be there and ready to pick them up to allow for smooth dismissal.
Please remember that while we are all doing our best to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19 and following public health guidelines, the virus does continue to circulate in our communities and it is impossible to completely eliminate the risk of exposure. Each participant must make their own decision as to whether it is in their best interest to resume participation at this time. As such, you must consider your own circumstances and make a decision that is right for you. Should you choose to join us, we require your full cooperation with our COVID-19 Return to Play Strategy and call on everyone involved – participants, coaches, officials, administrators, volunteers, families and the broader community – to take individual responsibility and respect the health of all those around you.
Your TGFC Team